Monday 22 March 2021

Setting up the SONOFF SNZB-02 with a Zigbee enabled ALEXA / ECHO device

So you can either sit through the Unboxing video on my YouTube channel, or go through instructions here to set up the SONOFF SNZB-02 sensor with Alexa. 

LINKS:

IMPORTANT: 

1. Your Alexa must support ZigBee, otherwise you'll need an additional ZigBee hub 
2. This sensor with Alexa as a hub will only show temperature. If you need Humidity reading as well then you'll need the SONOFF Zigbee Bridge / Hub as well. 


STEP BY STEP:

1. Take the back off of the sensor and remove tag out of battery compartment



2. Go to Alexa App and tap to add a new device



3. Pick Thermostat from the list, then Other, until you see it searching 



4. Press the button on the sensor and keep your finger on it 



5. When search times out on the Alexa App then you should see it showing a new device added 



6. Rename your new device (Using the Gear icon top right) from default "FIRST DEVICE" to anything you like, I called mine "INDOOR". 



6. You're done. Try "Alexa, Indoor temperature"


Any issues please add a comment to the following video on YouTube where you're more likely to get replies and community support:

Setting up the SONOFF SNZB-02 temperature sensor with a Zigbee enabled ALEXA / ECHO device

3 comments:

  1. These steps didn’t work for me. I know I just bought them and this video is more than a year old so has something changed to prevent this device from connecting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think it worked for me as I got a message saying no devices found. However, when I checked the device list in the Alexa app, there it was, listed as 'First Device'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it. I don't know how people like youtube tutorials when you can explain a 10 min video with 1 page or less. MUCH BETTER, thanks!

    ReplyDelete